Monday, February 11, 2008

Yukon Quest Sled Dog Race

The 1,000 mile world famous Yukon Quest Sled Dog Race started in Fairbanks this weekend. What an event to watch! If you ever want to see an enthusiastic dog, watch the start of a sled dog race. I was taking photos of most the mushers as they were leaving the start this year. By chance I happened to catch this shot of Lance Mackey (he is the Michael Jordon/ Lance Armstrong of the mushing world). Last year he won the Quest and the Iditarod back to back. That was a feat no one thought possible until Lance and his amazing team of All-Star dogs came along. Let's keep a close watch to see if he breaks any new records this year. Many of you are probably saying, "Damn, I forgot that started this weekend. How do I keep up with the race results?" I'm glad you asked. Visit http://www.yukonquest.com/ for all the important answers I'm not going to give you here.